Wednesday, November 10, 2010

PREP WORK for My Grandmother's Birthday

 We celebrated our grandmother's birthday 2 weeks ago and here's the prep work from a few days before.
The cake topper. I made the little platform out of 2 oval shaped styrofoam wrapped in ribbons.
I bought these beautiful paper embellishments from Bangkok. Mulberry paper flowers in summery shades.

All I do is pin them to the edges of the styrofoam platform.

It's a simple arrangement for the sides.

I added The final touches to the styrofoam

I wanted to give my grandma flowers for her 80th birthday. So I made a trip to the flower wholesaler in Chinatown and bought roses, imported country roses and orchids too.



I had a lot of flowers leftover, so I decided to fill her living room with more flowers.





Meet my nephew/niece! My brother will be a dad soon. This baby will be due in April next year!!! Yippeee!


More photos on my next post! The actual day and all the happy memories coming up next.

2 comments:

The Church Cook said...

Oh, what wonderful labor of love for a special day!

Paerin said...

Hello!

I am from PINKSUITCASE MAGAZINE and would like to do a free feature you and your items.

Please have a look at the magazine @ www.pinksuitcase.sg or www.facebook.com/pinksuitcase.

You can reach me at karin@pinksuitcase.sg

Looking forward!

Cheers,
Karin Khoo